Sedona Lymphatic Drainage Therapy (LDT)
at Stillpoint.Living in Balance
What is the Lymphatic System?
The lymphatic system is an extremely complex system made up of mostly lymphatic vessels and nodes. It transports a watery clear fluid called lymph. It also interacts with the blood - circulatory system to drain fluid from cells and tissues. The lymphatic system contains immune cells called lymphocytes, which protect the body against antigens (viruses, bacteria, etc.) that invade the body.
The primary job of the lymphatic system is to collect and return interstitial fluid, including plasma protein to the blood, to defend against disease, and to absorb lipids from the intestine and transport them to the blood.
The lymphatic system parallels the circulatory system in many ways. The circulatory system uses the heart to pump and circulate the blood. The lymph vessels rely upon hundreds of tiny muscular units called lymphangions, contracting within the body to move the lymph along. While the circulatory system works with red blood cells the lymphatic system works with white blood cells and is extremely important to our immune system and detoxification of the body. The contractions of the lymphangions can be slowed or even stopped by injury, trauma, surgery, burns, infections, substantial stress, fatigue, and age.
What is Lymphatic Drainage Therapy (LDT)?
Lymphatic Drainage is a manual hands-on light touch massage technique designed to help maintain a healthy immune system. The origins can be traced back to Dr Frederic Millard and Dr. Emil Vodder.
The method of lymphatic drainage that we practice here at Stillpoint… Living in Balance was developed by Dr Bruno Chikly. Dr Chikly’s LDT takes lymphatic drainage to a new level. We are trained to detect the specific rhythm, depth and quality of the lymphatic flow. This enables us to achieve more profound and deeper results in a shorter period of time.
We have partnered LDT with our Energetic Focus Detox Footbath to further assist the lymphatic system and detoxification. Some of our clients have also added our Oxygen Therapy to this duo to create a very powerful detoxifying trio.
What can I do to have a healthy lymphatic system?
There are things that you can do to ensure the health of your lymphatic system:
- Have an LDT session once a month or as needed.
- Regular aerobic and anaerobic exercise is important. Buy a Rebounder (mini-trampoline) for the best type of exercise for your lymphatic system.
- There are some fantastic pure, medicinal grade essential oils that we use and sell in our line of products that can be used daily to promote a healthy lymphatic system and assist with any lymphatic issues. Please see our products page or call us at 928-301-0830 for an aromatherapy consultation for a customized protocol.
- Drink plenty of clean, pure water and be sure to eat a healthy diet rich in fresh vegetables (organic if available).
- Supplement your diet with healthy fats.
- Avoid exposure to the causes of disease and infection, pollutants, and toxic substances.
- Practice stress management techniques such as Pilates, yoga, meditation, and or breathing exercises.
Please call us today to schedule this powerful Sedona Massage, Lymphatic Drainage Therapy, or to set up an Aromatherapy Consultation to enhance the health of your lymphatic system. 928-301-0830
"Not until we experience it is it more than just words. After we experience it,
there is no need for words." -Milton Trager